Stream of Unconscious

Often I wake in the middle of the night with thoughts and visions that must be written. A lot of it may seem like mere rambling, but I am a born writer; I need to see what happens to my words once they stare back at me from the pages of my computer screen. Since I am ususally more than half-asleep when this happens, I jokingly entitled the original document: "Stream of Unconscious." Now that I am finally starting to publish in a blog (as so many people have suggested I should do!), I thought the title remained appropriate.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

The October Post

So I finally made it out to Panera to do some much-needed Internet errands, including updating my blog. It's been a crazy weekend at work and I feel like I'm wasting my life away indoors, so sitting outside in the cool evening air is a real blessing. I need to do this more often. It is perfect hoodie weather, and I love it.

Things are going well these days. I'm shocked to say it, but it's completely true. I still need a much better job but even that hasn't been as bad as it could be. I love the people I work with so much that it will be really difficult to leave, even though I desperately need a new situation and a lot more money. I just really don't want to be there through the holidays... I'm already working on a "Guide To Inconsiderate Shopping Habits" which I will post here when it's finished. I imagine Thanksgiving and Christmas may push my growing cynicism over the limit.

Church is good, though I haven't been in a couple of weeks, due to work and being out of town. I'm really getting to know some people and it's awesome. I guess when I graduated college I thought all the deep friendships were over, but that's definitely not true. Now I find myself with awesome friends that have even a little more depth to them, just because they've lived a little outside of college life. I love that in reality I know nothing about life! :) I always assume the worst, and now I'm finding it's all completely different than I had imagined... which is awesome. I'm really loving it!

Well, I know this post is neither very creative nor interesting, but to me it just feels good to be writing again. There'll be plenty of time for creativity later on. I just hate that I haven't written since September, and I had to post something finally. I think I wrote some posts I never published, so I'll have to look through Word and find out where I hid them.

Mostly my days have just been work, sleeping when I can, hanging out with whoever will let me, and generally just enjoying life... in some ways for the first time. I feel like I never understood grace before this season of my life. Suddenly things that had been clouded to me for years have been revealed, as if I stared at an abstract painting long enough to discover its depth of meaning, and found it to be exactly what I've always wanted on my wall...

I need to go, because I've gotta get to bed early tonight. Tomorrow I start work at 6AM. I always meet the construction workers from the apartments across from us in the parking lot and nod a sleepy greeting to them, with my hands full of bagged lunch, keys, and coffee. They always stare back, confused. Why would I be up so early? I ask myself the same question every time. At least they get paid well for their hard work!

But this is all soon to change... I feel it in the wind. Or, perhaps just in the steadily dwindling bank account and mounting credit card debt. Either I get a better job or a second one... and by the end of the month!

Hopefully I'll be writing again soon.

No comments: