Stream of Unconscious

Often I wake in the middle of the night with thoughts and visions that must be written. A lot of it may seem like mere rambling, but I am a born writer; I need to see what happens to my words once they stare back at me from the pages of my computer screen. Since I am ususally more than half-asleep when this happens, I jokingly entitled the original document: "Stream of Unconscious." Now that I am finally starting to publish in a blog (as so many people have suggested I should do!), I thought the title remained appropriate.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Writer's Block

Typically, when I have a billion things on my mind, it helps to write about them. Lately, though, for some reason, I've sat down to write and there's nothing. No inspiration whatsoever. I'm not exactly sure why.

All I know is that I need some time away from the routine of my life. I have been frustrated and tired and working overtime, and I just need it all to stop for a few days.

So this weekend I am going on a single's retreat with my church, and I know that somewhere underneath all of this exhaustion, I am excited. I was yawning as I typed that, however...

Wish me luck, say a prayer for me, and let's hope the writing comes back when I do!

Thanks for reading. :)

No comments: